"You can not succeed at anything, if you do not attempt anything."
However when you attempt something, you open the door to failure. Therefore we conclude that success attracts failures.
What are the pitfalls, of being driven by success at the pulpit?
- Success attracts people of different persuasions.
- Success alters the principle that brought success.
- Success allows the different persuasion.
- Success acknowledges the people of different persuasion.
- Success acclimates to the people of different persuasion.
- Success accomplishes the goal of people and personalities of different persuasions.
- Success then becomes failure because of the failures our success attracted.
- Don't let being popular or unpopular affect your position.
- Don't live for the present effects of your position, but the future effects.
- Don't trade Heaven's applause for Earth's applause.
- Don't lose your balance because of an offensive move by Satan in one area.
- Don't alter principle to keep people.
- Don't worry when people don't like your position, only when they don't like your disposition.
- Don't develop an isolation attitude but an insulation attitude toward those who change.
" I charge thee therefore before God, and Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears." 2 Timothy 4:1-3
To remain Biblical in ministry we must be driven by the Word of God.