So I asked myself the question. “Why do we go into towns and countries to start churches?” So many times we are guilty of making the great commission so complex when it is SIMPLE. GO – TEACH – BAPTIZE – TEACH. (Matthew 28:19-20).
Here is – the How To.
1. KNOW WHY WE START A NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
DO NOT go in an area with plans to establish a church, this would be placing your desires to do only what Christ can do. GO with the desire to reach as many people as possible to Christ. Remember that Christ is the Builder, he said, “I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” If we give Him the building materials (converts), He will use them to build His local church.
So we start churches in order to win as many people to Christ as possible. Everything else is a means to this END.
2. KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF SOUL-WINNING AND DOOR-KNOCKING
It’s not just about filling the Lord’s house Sunday morning. For what profit is it if we have great attendance but, not converts? Our desired purpose should be to bring the lost to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ with the intent of making disciples - John 15:8. As someone once said, “win all you can, as often as you can, and let God worry about whom will ‘stick’ in the local church He is using you to build”.
Therefore, soul-winning and discipleship(church building) are inseparable.
3. KNOW THAT YOUR STATE OF MIND MUST BE FIXED ON CHRIST ALONE
Nothing can give you more confidence in what Christ can do through you, than having seen Him build something through you. If you have never started anything or helped your pastor grow a ministry in your church. You’re setting yourself up for failure and discouragement. Working hard in your church shows you have a character of loyalty, a desire to see a ministry through and ability to generate financial support through the offerings of those you reach.
When you’re invaluable in your local church, God is ready to use you.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT:
- No great work is built overnight. So preach the Word, stick with it and you will succeed.
- Every man is different. God will use you according to your potential. If all preachers were the same, people would not gravitate to them and what the ministry had to offer.
- You can do more by staying put than you ever could, moving from place to place. There should never be a place that is, “back home”. Where God leads you must be HOME!
“Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do it all to the glory of God”